Implemented an integration platform upgrade of Software AG’s
Seamless IT topology; enhanced efficiency; faster go-to-market; increased agility and scalability; improved customer experience and growth
- The essential feature of today’s integration platforms
isto provide agility in implementing integrations across the ever-changing IT landscape in the organization. However, our client’s 9.7 webMethodsenvironment was obsolescing, making the IT ecosystem weak, latent, risky, and expensive to maintain in the face of current market dynamics and growth indicators.
webMethodsintegration solution lacked support for Kerberos Authentication. Lack of company-wide compliance with Kerberos made IT systems and services prone to security threats. Fora typical enterprise with large-scale operations, the implications of a security breach were unmatched.
- Since the integration layer connecting the core systems was ineffective, the project timelines were hit. Factors, such as process efficiency, time-to-market, customer experience, and ROI, took a nosedive, which was a growth-threatening situation.
Our client is a Fortune 100 company and one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the US. The company provides a wide portfolio of insurance and financial services, including auto, commercial, homeowners; farm and life insurance; public and private sector retirement plans; pet, motorcycle, and boat insurance among more.
We began with defining the scope of work using future/end-state business cases, which helped us outline a fit-to-purpose upgrade strategy. The business process maps were designed and an effective client engagement model was built to enable
We also established a command central to streamline management and monitoring of
- Increased operational agility and efficiency
- Shortened time-to-market
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- Reduced cost of ownership
- Delivered a future-ready solution that automates further upgrades