Other recent blogs
Most 21st century organizations believe enterprise application integration (EAI) and Digital Transformation are inextricably interwoven. Indeed, the adoption of enterprise integration platforms overcomes many complexities at different levels. It synchronizes apps, data, and disparate business systems hosted on-premise or on cloud environments using a scalable cloud-based unified platform that supports varied integration patterns.
However, there are many potential hurdles involved in this kind of modernization roadmap. Data loss, disjointed information, disrupted business models, fragmented architecture, haphazard deployment of disparate emerging technologies, and misalignment in the technology stack are the biggest barriers to successful enterprise application integration adoption.
One potential solution to simplify and standardize all potential challenges is a centralized Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS). Yes, the future of enterprise iPaaS belongs to the self-service cloud-empowered iPaaS, which manages countless numbers of integrations from one single place. iPaaS is projected to reach US$ 8.8 billion by 2028 from US$ 2.3 billion in 2021, with no signs of stopping. According to a report, the global iPaaS market share is expected to witness a growth of 22% (at a CAGR) through 2023.
What is iPaaS?
An iPaaS or Integration Platform as a Service is a comprehensive cloud-based unified platform with a single instance multi-tenant architecture that is widely used for frictionless enterprise application integration. The server-less platform is an ideal fit for organizations to simplify data integration, API management, and workflow automation, as well as unlock the power of data residing in disparate business applications.
Without any disruptions, the enterprise iPaaS integration solution enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation journey. It seamlessly unifies different applications, business processes, and services - no matter whether they are hosted on-premises, in a private cloud, in a public cloud environment, hybrid, or multi-cloud infrastructure.
Offering many benefits, the Integration Platform as a Service is the purpose-built solution to
- scale operational efficiency and business agility
- improve enterprise application functionality
- enhance on-premise application integration
- optimize operating workflows and data synchronization
- speed up digital transformation and time to market
- reduce total cost of ownership
- Improve transactional efficiency
Powered by a suite of cloud services, an iPaaS platform plays a significant role in enabling the development, execution, and governance of integration workflows. Furthermore, it helps enterprises in orchestration, routing, data validation and transformation, architecting integrations, full life-cycle API management, and serverless computing. Workato, Boomi, Azure, webMethods, and Jitterbit are some prominent names in the list of intelligent integration and automation platforms that are designed to transform customer experiences and deliver enterprise-wide connectivity while simplifying the business integration landscape.
Three Prominent iPaaS Integration Patterns
Primarily, there are three integration patterns that an enterprise iPaaS platform understands for delivering and managing Information Technology -
Say “Yes” to new-age connectivity with Kellton
As a global leader in Digital Transformation, Kellton helps the world's most innovative businesses to harness the full potential of iPaaS solutions by letting them utilize our time-tested enterprise application integration methodologies. We execute their business transformation vision, rapidly harmonize the point-to-point integrations, and optimize their organization-wide connectivity across applications, systems, and platforms.
Kellton brings 20+ years of experience in providing end-to-end iPaaS integration and API management solutions and enables businesses to accelerate IT agility with minimal implementation risks. Additionally, we deploy an agile integration strategy to improve their enterprise-wide connectivity and synchronize ecosystems along with data and workflows. We use powerful iPaaS integration solutions that ensure highly scalable point-to-point integrations at the core, followed by greater return on investment and faster time-to-value.
B2B/EDI Ecosystem Integration is where automation of business processes, internal applications, e-commerce integration patterns, and multi-enterprise communication elements is done to connect partners, applications, systems, and marketplaces at the core.
Hybrid Integration is where diverse cloud-based services, data stores, and on-premises systems are unified together as a cohesive unit by using a cohesive set of integration software (middleware) products.
Application Integration is where multiple independently designed applications are connected together at a single user interface or application service with the purpose to exchange data in real-time for better operational efficiency.
Why iPaaS solutions are increasingly adopted by enterprises
A server-less cloud-based IT architecture is now pivotal to 'Integration Innovation' for Intelligent Enterprises in today's competitive digitally-empowered landscape, and organizations should not underestimate the strategic business value of an integrated cloud-based ecosystem. Solving the most pressing challenges of enterprise application integration, the enterprise iPaaS platform as a mission-critical technology enabler helps organizations drive innovation, along with frictionless Customer Experience (CX) and business agility smoothly across their digital transformation journeys.
Generally, the implied benefits of iPaaS solutions are purely operational, but iPaaS has undergone continual evolution. Here are the top reasons why iPaaS solutions are increasingly adopted by enterprises across multiple industries:
- .Better Connectivity: One of the main reasons organizations are counting on iPaaS solutions is the ability to connect and aggregate their entire technology stack into a cloud-based toolset in real-time without disruptions. Better connectivity and business continuity are the top outcomes when a unified platform is leveraged to connect an enterprise’s disparate applications, systems, data centers, and databases running across hybrid-cloud, multi-cloud, and on-premise systems — into a single interface.
- Faster time to deployment: With ready-to-go iPaaS solutions, operations and development teams can streamline their entire development lifecycle and accelerate enterprise application integration by rapidly eliminating all the possible deployment barriers in real-time.
- Low-Code And No-Code Integrations: iPaaS solutions are designed to significantly simplify the entire technology infrastructure within an organization by reducing the complexity of coding and custom integrations. Using these no-low enterprise integration solutions typically means accelerated user experience through a “drag-and-drop” interface. With fewer coding requirements, iPaaS platforms allow IT departments to offload internal projects and shift their absolute focus on the Digital Transformation journey.
- Democratization of technology: The faster implementation of iPaaS makes democratization of technology more manageable. As a result, more people get access to the new emerging technologies within an ecosystem. This way, the platform not only harmonizes the disparate points of enterprise application integration but improves user experiences and delivers accelerated technological innovation. Extended reality - all complex Digital Transformation barriers are solved faster this way.